Monday, June 27, 2011

HSJ Scandal

Who would have expected a scandal to come out of Hey!Say! JUMP? Especially coming from little Morimoto.  Well, I must say that little Morimoto isn't so little anymore.  He's 16 and pictures are surfacing of him smoking at the age of 14, a couple months before he turned 15 (where there's another picture of him).  The Jimusho has taken action and they have suspended his activities for now because of underage smoking and will go on hiatus indefinitely.  I don't see him dropping out of HSJ, but from what we've seen before, he'd be on suspension for a year, start off as a Jr again and MAYBE be brought back into the group.

I could easily joke around about this since I'm not an HSJ fan, but I do feel bad for the kid and I do understand how HSJ and Morimoto fans are feeling.  During my crazy days as a fangirl, I remember going through the underage drinking scandal for Uchi and Kusano which led to NEWS' hiatus as a group.  I think this is what primarily sent me and my NEWS fangirl friends to slowly stop liking NEWS and start floating towards other fandoms as a replacement, but that's another story.

I don't think Morimoto is going to suffer the same fate that Uchi and Kusano did, but let this be a lesson.  You're an idol, you're going to be in the public's eye, so you should take into consideration of those around you which your actions will affect.

No comments:

Post a Comment