Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pre-HanaKimi Thoughts #02

I can see myself posting a lot of thoughts about this drama before it starts, especially since the cast is revealed and actors are blog posting info about themselves and fan comments are getting even more outrageous now than when the news broke out.  WHICH i'm finding hilarity out of (not laughing at them, just laughing at the situation).

I'm going to say this for the last time (im pretty sure this is the last time I'm going to say this), the primary reason why I'm excited about this drama is really only to see Miura Shohei (seeing a trend?).  From the orignal, Toma was the reason why I decided to watch HanaKimi in the first place, and hearing he was acting with Oguri shun and Ishigaki Yuma just made it a big plus. Anyways, i'm getting off topic.  I love the fact that Shohei is playing Toma's character.  I can only hope that Shohei will be just as funny as Toma without mimicking his rendition of the character.

I don't see myself dropping this drama, especially if they are building new stories instead of recreating the original.  I'm going to go into watching this blindly, trying not to compare the two, on the blog I know i'll be doing some comparisons, but as I'm watching it for my own sake, it'll be blind.  I can see some good things coming from this drama, but I know a lot of people are seeing this in bad light.  If you think about it, we may not know much about all the new cast members, but can you say the same thing about the first cast?  The first cast had a mix of older and newer generation actors.  Aside from Shun, Ishigaki and Kyo Nobuo, the other actors may have had a few roles before hanakimi, but none of them were as big as they are now.  I mean, Hiro had acted in plenty of things before hanakimi, he was well known, especially after Kamen Rider, but it wasn't until after hanakimi where he is right now. At least that's how I see it.  I may or may not know what I'm talking about, but that's what I see.

TWO MORE THOUGHTS that I haven't brought up yet. And these are my personal opinions.  Agree or Disagree, this is what I think.
- Kiriyama Renn playing Nanba Minami: Yeah, I don't watch Kamen Rider, so I had no idea who this kid is (and excuse me for saying kid, it's just a word, despite him being older than me haha), but after seeing his blog update about him playing Nanba, I don't know what it is, but he kinda does look like Mizushima Hiro in his blog pic or should I say Hiro while playing Nanba.  I think it was a good pick, but my only problem with him playing Nanba is, will he be able to offer that comedic sex appeal that Hiro had?


- Sato Tomohito/Yuki as Kagurasaka Makoto:  I saw his blog post on tumblr and wondered why this guy looked so familiar to me.  I didn't recognize him since he cut his hair short and he shaved off all his facial hair (what's with the Kamen Rider actors?).  But I'm really excited to see him play in the drama.  Another person to keep me sane while watching this.  If you hadn't noticed a lot of the actors were born in the 90's or late 80's.  Hitting the new generation of Ikemen of course.  To see Sato in here kinda makes me feel relieved and I like how he even mentions "how can a 27yo play a high schooler" and he's proud of it, shoot i'd be proud too to be able to pull off being a high school student at this age haha. 
So, he's going to be playing Shirota Yu's character.  Not really part of the main-main cast, but still happy to see him be there.  Hopefully he has a bigger part than what Shirota had.


[[ I realize that when I start typing out my thoughts, they come out differently than I intended HAHA, so what i've been writing in the last couple posts, my thoughts in writing look cloudy. ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment