Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kis-my-Ft2 Debut

So it's finally happening.  Kis-my-Ft2 is finally going to debut after.. how many years (since 2005.. yikes!)?
I'd be more excited if this were like 6yrs ago when I actually liked them, but now I'm just pleased that this group is getting a debut.  Since I haven't been part of the Jr. fandom in a long time, I wasn't sure how big of a fandom they had, but it's definitely bigger than I expected, especially since they'll be debuting all over Asia, including the Philippines.

My favorite members are and have remained the same. Kitayama Hiromitsu, Fujigaya Taisuke and Yokoo Wataru (and Iida if he stayed in Johnny's), the original members of the group.  Though I should say, recently, moreso Taisuke than Kitayama as opposed to back then.  I would have forgotten about these guys if I didn't take the chance to watch Misaki Number One.  The drama was so-so, but it was nice to see these guys act in a drama, leading roles as well.

I need to go through my Shounen Club files again to kind of get familiar with this group once again.  I don't see myself going fangirl crazy like I used to for their senpai's, but I'll be waiting for their single to drop.

I'm also anticipating Taisuke's and Tamamori Yuta's drama "Ikemen Desu Ne." Not so much as Ouran or HanaKimi, but It'll be nice addition to the already Ikemen summer lineup that's coming out this season.  I wasn't planning on really watching this drama, maybe a side one, but after seeing the cast interview, I think it'll be a cute, fun drama to watch.  (Note, I don't watch Korean dramas, so not only am I going into this blind, I could care less if it's a mistake to remake this drama).  I just wish they would have picked someone else besides Hikaru to play in the drama (unpopular opinion: not a big fan of HSJ).

very OT but there's a Jr. group called "Little Gangs".... really? what.the.hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment