Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pre-Ouran High School Host Club Thoughts #03

Final pre-thoughts:
I think this drama is going to go by really fast since it's only 30min long.  When I mean fast, I mean that the stories and character development are going to have to build really fast.  I can see each character getting their own focus in an episode, but to build up the romance between Tamaki and Haruhi is gonna have to go by quick.  I don't think you can tell the "whole" story within the average 11 episodes, especially if it's going to be half an hour long.  I'm hoping that they'll get to a point in this series where they can stop the story then make a 2nd season for a primetime slot.  Ratings will definitely affect the outcome, but at a late night time, especially on a Friday when people are out, hopefully they'll get something higher than 8% (Shima Shima is averaging 2.5% at this time slot right now)

Lastly, the comment about "Why aren't there any JE guys in here" or "It'd be better with JE",  Absolute crap.  This is coming from a Johnny's fan.  I think it's crap that people think that a drama will be better if a Johnny is in it.  Yes, Johnny's bring in viewers, but that doesn't make a drama better at all.  Johnny's act, but they are not actors.  These guys are trained to sing and dance as their primary job, not to act.  Honestly, I don't think that a majority of those who have acted in dramas or movies are that good at all.  There's only a handful that can act and act well (ex: KimuTaku and Nino, there are others, dont get me wrong).  I support those who are outside of the Johnny's world, because they have great talent to be the next big star.  Sometimes I feel those who are outside of Johnny's are underrated and overshadowed, which isn't fair since they have to work twice as hard, instead of landing a job because they have a Johnny's status on them.  That's just my opinion.

One last note character note:
Ryusei Ryo as Umehito Nekozawa - Adding this character to the main cast is kind of odd isn't it?  He's not a main character in the series, but since he is in the main cast, that means he'll have a bigger role in the drama.  When the promo photos were released I definitely did not recognize him.  I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, but definitely not the way I've seen him before and this is definitely not a role he's done before.  Someone who's played the popular guy twice, going to play this guy is going to be really interesting to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment