Thursday, August 18, 2011

Stories..

I've been neglecting something that I love to do.  Back before I got a smart phone, I would love to write stuff down in spiral bound notebooks (and yes they have to be spiral bound!).  It could be just about anything.  Story ideas.  Character names.  Chapter ideas.  Character development.  Fanfiction to a whole new story.  I love writing stories, I really do.  I have tons of ideas for stories and where I wanted to go with it.  My only problem is writing dialogue to get to the point I wanted to make and how to develop a story/character.  This is probably the worst thing for a writer.  You may have your ideas all in your head, but how to tell the story to others is the worst.

I have so many unfinished stories, and I tend to neglect them when I get new ideas and end up never going back.  The thing is, those ideas never get away from me.  If I come across it and read what the story was about, I'll be able to tell you what was supposed to happen.  I know the story from beginning to end, but how to get from the beginning to end has never been written and probably will never.  I know my stories, but I feel bad for never finishing them. 

The most recent one that I came up with (which was a few months ago btw) hasn't been touched in maybe a month, and I would LOVE to be able to work on it.  This one is probably the most developed story I have.. in my head at least.. it's just trying to get it in writing is frustrating.

That's the end of my rant.  What's sad about writing this rant is, it came out differently than what I intended to write!! I can't even get my OWN thoughts down in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment