Friday, July 1, 2011

Pre-Ikemen Desu ne Thoughts #01 (and HanaKimi #04)

I'm about to go crazy fangirl (which I know I shouldnt) by the end of this post and you'll see why when you get to it.

I realized I haven't really said much about Ikemen Desu Ne, but that's primarily because I haven't seen any other promo pictures or CM's besides the ones that first aired what the actors look like for their roles.  I usually check tumblr twice a day for ouran and hanakimi picture updates, but havent for Ikemen since it's not really a drama I'm exactly waiting for, but after seeing the latest Hanakimi CM, I think Ikemen just ranked above it for drama priority, which I'll explain at the end (can you sense the crazy fangirl moment yet).

So, like I've mentioned, I know nothing about this drama other than the fact that Takimoto Miori is playing a girl, playing a boy (twin brother) as his replacement in his idol band...? is that right? Anyways, the story is based off of Korea's "You're Beautiful" which a lot of people are not very happy about, because, let's face it, fangirl's not only have high expectations, but they also hate remakes.  At least fangirls have something to be happy about, that the lead actors are all Johnny's (as if that would satisfy them, they'd want the older ones yeah?).  I sound as if I'm bashing fangirls, but I'm not.. really, I'm not.  Even that last line sounded like I'm being sarcastic, no but really, I'm not bashing, I'm just stating facts although you cant generalize.

I'm getting really off topic here. So, I've never seen Takimoto act before, but it also seems that she hasn't done much acting as is.  I think this will be a big break for her and she'll start to get more roles, so we'll see what happens after the series airs.
I'm mainly just watching this drama for Taisuke, I don't really care much for the other two.  I need to also mention how much younger Taisuke looks with his current hairstyle and now he looks very cookie-cutter and younger than his actual age, but I really like the way he looks right now.

As for my FINAL thoughts on Hanakimi and yes it will be my final pre-thought about this drama.  I've sort of lost interest after seeing the latest promo vid.  I'm not impressed.  And of course you're all thinking "you haven't seen it yet" and that's what I've been trying to convey in earlier posts that i'm sounding like a hypocrite right now, but that 1min promo kind of left me feeling that this drama is gonna be aalllllll bad.  I don't want to say that they're copying the first one, but there were some parts that really did look like they were copying the first.  Maeda's voice is super annoying! not to mention really girly.  Putting on guy's clothes and changing up the speech to mimic a guy is not gonna make you a guy, lower the frequency of your voice please.  The guy playing Oscar doing the voice scales... sounded so fake.  I can go on and on about this, but I feel like I should wait until the actual series airs and put my 2cents in to see if it confirms my thoughts.
And because of my new thoughts, this drama is definitely going to get pushed back as a side drama (not my usual MUST WATCH).  Shohei... why must you be part of this drama?! Making it so hard for me to choose. If he weren't in it, I probably wouldn't even bother watching it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment