Monday, July 2, 2012

Movie: Koukou Debut

Plot: "Haruna Nagashima (Ito Ono) devoted herself to softball while in middle school. Now that she is in high school, Haruna believes its time find a boyfriend. Unfortunately for Haruna, she didn't pay attention to trends and is now clueless on how to attract a boy. Through a fortuitous event, Haruna encounters popular upperclassman You Komiyama (Junpei Mizobata) Haruna asks You to teach her how to become attractive to boys. You agrees but with one catch. She can't fall in love with him ..."
credit: AsianWiki

Cast: Mizobata Junpei, Ohno Ito, Suda Masaki, Aizawa Rina, Furukawa Yuki

Comment:
I have no idea why I got this movie in the first place.  The movie was too cute for my liking, but that doesn't mean it was bad.. but that also doesn't mean it was good. haha

A lot of people.. more like girls.. have talked about this movie, saying its one of their favorites and that it's really cute and all. And something about the manga...
I can't really say much about that since I didn't even know there was a manga, but I assume people liked it because it followed closely to the story?

Anyways.  The movie had its moments. It's a basic, predictable, romance movie.
Tomboy-girl tries to find a boyfriend. Boy tries to make her appealing.  Girl cant fall in love with boy.  Falls in love anyways.  He falls in love with her. They end up together.  Typical ending.  I didnt really like the main actress.  I thought she was really annoying, but maybe it's because of the way the character was written.  I'm not even going to say anything about Mizobata, because then it'd sound like I'm being biased (because I would be ;)).

I thought the younger sister was annoying as well, even more so than the main actress.  I think it's because of the way she talked.  I recognized Suda Masaki immediately but Furukawa Yuki it took me awhile to remember where i've seen him before (Asuko March.. would have never guessed haha).
The casting was pretty good.  I can't say if they matched the manga version well, but for the type of character they were playing, I think they did a pretty good job.

Overall, I want to give this movie.. mmm... maybe a 6.5/10. It's not my type of movie, but it wasn't particularly bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment