Saturday, July 7, 2012

Movie: Crows Zero II

Plot: 
Several months after "Crows: Episode 0" trouble brews again when thugs known as "The Army of Killers" from rival high school Hosen Academy threaten Suzuran High aka the School of Crows.
The ruthless Hosen gang go after Suzuran alumni Sho Kawanishi (Shinnosuke Abe) after his released from reformatory for killing a Hosen member two years back. Kawanishi turns to his younger Suzuran gang members for protection. The Housen gang then seeks out right revenge on the entire Suzuran school, while in-fighting at Suzuran High makes them even more susceptible to the Housen threat.

Credit: AsianWiki

Cast: Oguri Shun, Yamada Takayuki, Kuroki Meisa, Kiritani Kenta, Takaoka Sousuke, Nobuaki Kaneko, Ayano Go, Daito Shunsuke, Miura Haruma, and a bunch of others that I don't want to list.... XD

Comments:
I don't know what it is about me and "yankee" movies.  Delinquent movies are so awesome... so much better than chick flicks haha, anyways..

I didnt realize that when I got this movie, it was the 2nd movie not the first.  So I'm not exactly sure if I had to watch the first movie in order to get the 2nd one.  The only thing that I do understand that I missed was that Genji Takiya (Oguri Shun) had beat the last leader Serizawa Tamao (Yamada Takayuki) to become the new leader of the school.  Other than that, I don't know if the rival school had any influence in the first movie for the 2nd.

This movie had a huge cast of actors that I know and recognize.  I'm going to start off with the acting.  I thought everyones acting was pretty good.  A lot of them, or pretty much all of them are seasoned actors which really propelled the storyline.  What I wasn't impressed with was Nobuaki Kaneko's acting.  Ive seen a couple things with him in it and I'm sorry but I didn't like how exaggerated his acting was in this movie. 
I also didn't like how small a part Miura Haruma had.  I thought it would have been bigger considering he's the brother of the guy that was killed during battle between the schools.  Unless this is a set up for another movie?

Fighting scenes in the movie were pretty good.  Pretty believeable.  I also like that they held onto their wounds and scars throughout the movie.  I hate watching a drama and then the next episode theyre all clean and shiny.  There's no reality to that.  I like that they all split up, working together to conquer all the delinquents and one by one they took their opportunity to showcase who they are.  It was a battle of similiar strengths basically.  I thought the movie was going to be darker or heavy than it actually was, just because the way it was filmed. 

I'm going to give this a 8 out of 10 because of story progression, great actors, the fact its a delinquent movie and has a lot of my favorite actors in it.  It's just I don't think i'll ever rewatch it again ahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment